You can get TIDBITS delivered to your inbox every week by filling out your name and email address in our handy online form:
You may also have to click a link in a confirmation email (be sure and check your spam filter if you don’t see one in your inbox).
TIDBITS is a labor of love that I offer to all interested parties, both on my website and through social media. While I don’t pass along any of my costs to my readers, I do ask a small “price” of those who elect to subscribe to the email version: please open and read most of the mailings. I have a limited number of spaces available for subscribers, so only those who plan to read it regularly should sign up.
Some things to know about your subscription:
- I use use a professional email marketing service to send out TIDBITS each week. This allows me to track the “open rate” of each subscriber.
- If someone falls below a 10% open rate, they may be unsubscribed from the list.
- If someone doesn’t open a mailing in six months, they will be unsubscribed.
- Because TIDBITS is sent to a group like an advertising email, it often winds up filtered as spam or a promotional offer and redirected someplace other than an inbox. Therefore, all subscribers are asked to mark TIDBITS as a “safe sender” in their email program to help avoid that.
- Subscribers need to allow their email programs to download the images in each mailing in order for me to receive a report that it was “opened.” For example, at the top of an email it might say something like, “Click here to download pictures. To help protect your privacy, Outlook prevented automatic download of some pictures.”
- Those who read TIDBITS on their phones should take the extra step of clicking the “View this email in your browser” link a the top of each issue. This not only allows the issue to display properly, but it helps it to register as an “open” on my report.
- Readers can end their TIDBITS subscription at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe from this list” link found at the bottom of every email.